Every ~4 weeks (at least every time you replace your plants) you should:
- Replace the water in root chamber
- Mix in new nutrient
- Use a dry erase marker to write the date of your water change on the outside of the root chamber
- Check the fogger disk, it may need cleaning.
- Check the root chamber, it may need cleaning.
Add this much nutrient per 2 gallons of water:
|Nutrient type||Volume (mL)|
We use nutrients like these from General Hydroponics.
First Time Setup
- Fill the water up to the top of the “Homer” guy’s hat.
- Add in the nutrients according to the table above.
- Insert the fogger into the bucket and plug it into the wall.
- Please put your plants in the foam pieces as shown here:
- Do not mix the 3 nutrients together (without water) because they precipitate due to the high concentrations!
- Do not use goopy nutrients like Floranova. They will gum up the fogger.